Text size :
20 July 2023
1. The Honourable Chief Justice Dato Seri Paduka Steven Chong together with senior judges and judicial officers visited the Malaysian Judiciary at the Palace of Justice on 20 July 2023 in Putrajaya, Malaysia.
2. During the visit, the Chief Justice called on The Right Honourable Tun Tengku Maimun binti Tuan Mat, Chief Justice of Malaysia for a bilateral discussion on judicial cooperation. Present at the visit and courtesy call was the High Commissioner of Brunei Darussalam to Malaysia, His Excellency Dato Paduka Haji Mahmud bin Haji Saidin.
3. Fruitful discussions and presentations by the Malaysian Judiciary were given on areas including judicial administration, case management, use of technology in court, transcription of proceedings, the use of mediation in court and judicial education and training.
4. The Chief Justice together with the delegation were also given a tour of the Malaysian Judiciary Museum, the Federal Court/Court of Appeal court room and the registry of the Court of Appeal.
5. The visit reaffirms the long and historical relationship between Brunei Darussalam and Malaysia, with the hope to strengthen judicial cooperation through facilitating exchanges and fostering collaboration between both Judiciaries.
© Copyright 2012 - 2019 Prime Minister's Office. All Right Reserved.
Powered by IT and E-Government, Prime Minister's Office, Brunei Darussalam